Hornby R8312 eLink with Railmaster Software
Using just the power of a PC to control a model railway has taken a giant leap forward this year with the introduction of the unique Hornby DCC 'eLink' interface unit.
Working with the amazing 'RailMaster' software and for unleashing the full power of PC control the Hornby ‘eLink’ is placed in between the PC and the layout.
Once connected all control of the layout is passed to the PC or laptop. It really is that simple!
The 'eLink' is capable of controlling a staggering 9999 locomotives as well as in excess of 2000 points and electrical accessories, when connected to the relevant number of R8247 Point & Accessory Decoders. providing the power is available. There has never been anything like this before and it is so simple to use!
The 'eLink' Control Pack contains the amazing 'RailMaster' software, the 'eLink' interface unit and a 1 amp transformer. Once 'RailMaster' is loaded into the computer and with the ‘eLink’ connected in between the layout and the computer, the full force of Hornby DCC is ready to take control.
All the locomotive and accessory programming can be completed on a conventional Programming Track using 'RailMaster’ working in conjunction with the PC, while all other operations can be effected while the locomotives are on the layout.
The 'eLink' unit may be placed on or near the layout although there are fixings so that the unit can be concealed if desired.
Special features include...
With 'eLink' and a 'RailMaster' installed onto a PC or laptop the following benefits over DCC are only a click away:
- Visual control of all locomotives. No need to remember loco numbers as they are all there on the PC screen.
- USB link for connection to PC / Laptop. Can also be used to download software upgrades.
- Change points with a simple click of the mouse.
- Read and write locomotive and accessory decoder CVs. (Configuration Variables).
- Active matrix style track layout for easy operation of points and accessories.
- Simple double heading locomotive control.
- Voice controlled enabled. (Available 3rd quarter)
- Scale clock and timer.
- Compatible for use with ‘O’, ‘HO, ‘OO’ and ‘N’ gauge.
- Smart phone compliant. Allows up to 8 Smart Phones or Tablets to be connected to your computer for remote control of the layout...and much, much more!
- Internet activation required to access all RailMaster features
- RailMaster is available as a stand alone product, for use with the Hornby Elite unit.
- For help installing the Elite and eLink driver please click here.
- For a replacement power supply please see the P9300 15V 4Amp Transformer